I want more pisky tweets for my synod talk tomorrow.
The more I think about this, the more I think that twitter could be a very useful tool for us, but only if we build on our existing networks and call on people to church-twitter wisely. This virgin twitterer believes that hash tags are key. We need to use the #pisky tag lots, and share news and stories of God and links to good resources.
So, dear Hermionies, the fallow season is over. I need you to sign up for twitter before 1 pm tomorrow. It will take you five minutes. Download tweet deck (google it), and it will become more pleasing. I am focusing on the non-twitterers here. Don’t worry if you didn’t understand what I said about hash tags. Just know that when you tweet, if you put #pisky somewhere in the tweet, then anyone who does a twitter search for #pisky will be able to find you. Me, for instance. And all those watching tomorrow lunch time at synod.
- Rosemary — 1 tweet that communicates the wonders of an OT prophet of your choice.
- Elizabeth — 1 tweet on good use of language in liturgy, theology or poetry (quotations are fine)
- Kate — 1 tweet on the joy of God’s call
- Sarah — (honorary pisky) — 1 tweet on something you are learning from worship in Haiti
- Mary — (do you tweet?) — 1 tweet on what it’s like to be a 20-something pisky
- Jackie — 1 tweet on finding God in the everyday
Anyone who feels left out: 1 tweet on how important it is to make people feel included
I notice my list is addressed entirely to women. In part that’s the reality of my readership. In part it’s because most of the men who read this blog are already signed up and tweeting.
But please prove me wrong all you men out there: come out come out and tell us you’re here.