It has been said that I am not always good at asking for help. While of course that is not true, it does seem to take a stomach bug to make me ask readily.
So, in the past 24 hours, various members of the congregations have:
- collected advent candles at the rectory and transported them to Toward Primary School.
- carried said candles over hill and dale to the Colintraive ferry.
- gone to collect the well travelled candles the next morning, before weaving them into a wreath.
- chaired an AGM on short notice, bravely risking AOCB.
- agreed to preside tomorrow — both in Dunoon and Tighnabruaich. (It happens to be the week my predecessor is in town.)
- (most important of all) delivered cat treats to Molly, who had nibbled her way through the last pack yesterday when I was too ill to get out of bed.
Thanks to everyone for stepping into the breach. Hopefully all will be back to normal by Monday.